Chief Administrative Officer
UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
From financial management to strategic plans, you know that your administrative skills can help improve health for a whole community. As Chief Administrative Officer of UCLA’s Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, you’ll lead a dynamic and talented team dedicated to turning the tide against the disease.
In this broad, challenging, and diverse role, you’ll be part of the senior leadership team responsible for setting and executing policy, along with making short- and long-term planning decisions. You’ll represent the Center and the University with a variety of advisory and leadership agencies and perform the crucial function of ensuring the Jonsson Center maintains National Cancer Institute Comprehensive designation.
You can make an immediate impact at the Jonsson Center, which is world-renowned for its research and treatment, including recent breakthroughs such as developing new therapies for melanoma, lung cancer, and breast cancer.
• Developing plans to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
• Leading, managing, developing, and retaining top-tier talent
• Leading the management of information systems and developing informatics
• Planning and directing renovation or construction of new facilities
• Overseeing facilities management
• Overseeing data collection to support increased patient accrual on clinical trials
• Submitting grant proposals and coordinating research activities
• Directing, planning, and implementing educational and scientific meetings
• Overseeing research and ensuring key research goals are met
• A Master’s degree is strongly preferred
• 10 years of leadership experience in a large institutional health care environment
• Strong financial management skills and background, with experience in fund management, budgeting, and forecasting
• Excellent written and verbal skills, as well as comfort with public speaking
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Cancer center experience, with thorough knowledge of the federal rules and regulations governing National Cancer Institute sponsored institutions
Please contact Robin Epstein Ludewig with any inquiries at RLudewig@mednet.ucla.edu